- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Rendezvous seasoning, plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra to garnish
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- 8 ounces okra, trimmed and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- Cooking spray
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, flour, garlic powder, Rendezvous seasoning, and salt. In a second dish, whisk the egg and water.
- Preheat air fryer to 400F for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, dip half of the okra in egg mixture. Transfer to cornmeal mixture, allowing excess egg to drip off. Toss okra to fully coat, then transfer to a plate. Repeat using remaining okra.
- Add okra to air fryer basket in a single layer; coat generously with cooking spray. Fry until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes, tossing okra and coating with additional cooking spray halfway through.
- Remove okra from basket and plate. Sprinkle with extra Rendezvous seasoning and a pinch of salt, if needed. Serve immediately.