- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned (not instant!) grits
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) unsalted butter
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Rendezvous Memphis seasoning, divided
- 3 eggs
- Heat milk and water in a large pot until boiling. Whisk in grits and turn heat to medium, whisking often until grits are smooth and creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Remove grits from heat and immediately add butter until melted. Then, add cheese in batches and stir until melted and combined. Add Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon of Rendezvous seasoning to the grits, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add a small amount of hot grits to the eggs to temper them, stirring well. This helps the eggs reach the right temperature to fold into the grits without accidentally scrambling them!
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the cheesy grits, stirring continuously. Pour grits into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Rendezvous seasoning.
If cooking immediately: Preheat oven to 325F. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
If cooking the next morning: Cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 325F and remove the baking dish from the refrigerator to sit for 15 minutes. Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 1 hour. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.