- 1-pound package organic chicken tenders (or breasts sliced into tender size of choice)
- Pinches salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Rendezvous seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk (this creates the crispy clusters of “breading” — but not a mandatory ingredient!)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- Place a medium cast iron skillet in your cold oven and preheat oven to 450F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk eggs in one bowl and remaining dry ingredients in a second bowl. Optional: add buttermilk and mix until loose shags of dough form.
- Place one chicken tender at a time in the egg. Allow excess to drip off. Transfer to flour mixture and press coating onto chicken. Continue until all chicken is breaded.
- Once oven is preheated, carefully remove cast iron and add avocado oil. Immediately place chicken tenders* into pan and return to hot oven. Bake for 12 minutes. Carefully remove cast iron once more, flip the tenders, and cook for about 10 more minutes, or until internal temp of chicken reaches 165F.
- Transfer chicken to a paper-towel lined cooling rack set over a baking sheet to absorb the remaining oil. Then remove paper towels and allow to cook for 10 minutes to crisp even more! Serve dipped in your favorite Rendezvous condiment.