Makes about 16 wontons
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup caramelized onions
- 1 tablespoon Rendezvous seasoning
- 1/4 cup Rendezvous sauce, plus extra to dip
- Wonton wrappers
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine chicken with cheese, onion, seasoning and sauce.
- Brush water on the rim of a wonton wrapper and pinch a spoonful in the center of each.
- Press one corner to the opposite, pinching to create a triangle.
- Continue until all wontons have been filled.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat and add wontons in batches, cooking for 1 minute per side until golden.
- Transfer cooked wontons to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with more Rendezvous seasoning.
- Continue to fry the entire batch of wontons. Serve warm with BBQ sauce!