- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 bacon slices, diced
- 1/2 cup rendezvous bbq sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- prepare the chicken. lay the chicken flat and beat each piece with a meat mallet until it is even and thin. season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper. place the seasoned chicken in a baking dish and drizzle rendezvous sauce over the top. spread the sauce evenly over the chicken and top each piece with diced bacon.
- prepare the sweet potatoes. place the peeled and diced sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil over the top. season them with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- pour the seasoned sweet potatoes in the baking dish next to the chicken.
- place the baking dish in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- after 30 minutes, remove the baking dish from the oven. top each piece of chicken with shredded cheese. cover the entire baking dish with aluminum foil and place it back in the oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- remove the baking dish from the oven and remove the foil from the dish. the cheese should be nice and melted.
- serve warm with additional rendezvous bbq sauce on the side for dipping. enjoy!