- St. Louis Style Spare Ribs
- Olive Oil
- Mango Rub
- Fresh Pineapple (cut in large circles)
- Rub a little olive oil all over the ribs (“Just enough oil to help the seasoning stick.”)
- Lightly season ribs with mango seasoning
- Place ribs on medium-hot grill bone side down
- Lay pineapple directly on top of ribs on the grill
- When bone side down is “golden brown”, remove pineapple and flip ribs.
- Add pineapples back on top of ribs
- Cook ribs until tender
- While ribs are cooking, prepare BBQ Sauce. See directions below.
- Once ribs are tender, put pineapple directly on the grill, then ladle the BBQ Sauce over the ribs.
- Continue to cook on the grill “until the ribs are about to break apart”.
- Flip ribs once more, ladle the BBQ Sauce over the other side of ribs.
- “Allow the sauce to glaze.”
- Pull the ribs and pineapple off, add a little more sauce to the ribs, then pull apart and eat.
Tropical Rendezvous BBQ Sauce
- Ingredients :
- 6 tangerines
- 4 lemons
- 4 limes
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon/lime seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of lime pepper
- ½ cup sweet pepper relish
- 1 bottle of Charlie’s Select BBQ Sauce
- 1 bottle of Mild BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup Rendezvous Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well