- 4 russet potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Rendezvous seasoning, plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere/white cheddar, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion, divided
- 2 strips bacon
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to rest until cool enough to handle. (Leave oven on!)
- Halve potatoes vertically and carefully scoop out the flesh of the potatoes into a large bowl.
- Immediately add butter.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon green onions, 1 tablespoon Rendezvous seasoning, and 1/3 cup cheese.
- Mash until well combined.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into potato shells.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Arrange potatoes on one half of baking sheet, and place bacon on other half.
- Return tray to oven and cook until bacon is crispy and potatoes are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Top potatoes with remaining green onions and Rendezvous seasoning.
- Carefully chop bacon and add to garnish.
- Serve immediately. Freezes well!