- 2 large slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slides white cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyère
- 1 tablespoons Rendezvous BBQ sauce
- Rendezvous famous seasoning
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and onion, cooking until caramelized, about 8 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in BBQ sauce.
- Meanwhile, butter one side of each slice of bread with remaining butter and sprinkle with Rendezvous seasoning.
- Flip over bread slices and layer with 2 slices white cheddar, BBQ onions, grated Gruyère, and Rendezvous seasoning.
- Heat a second large saucepan over medium heat.
- Carefully transfer bread halves to pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- With a spatula, place one half on top of the other and press sandwich together.
- Add a lid to the pan and turn heat to medium low, continuing to grill and melt and sandwich.
- Remove from heat, slice, and serve.